Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Crazy Kitten and Interviews!

Hello my friends! As you have probably noticed, i have been posting songs with my posts on the left side of my blog, so check em out! Right now I am sitting on my couch and my lil kitten Josie Juicebox is lying in my lap looking up at me. She really is the cutest thing ever! She's also a bit crazy. She really likes playing with clothes that are on the floor, but her most favorite thing is one of those cardboard and plastic things that comes with 24 water bottles in it from the store. She is always chewing on it, and now that we have been drinking more of the waters in it, she likes to use it as a fort. It's so silly. I took her to her first vet appointment 2 days ago and she weighs 1.2 pounds. I wish she would always stay this small! I am probably going to our cabin this weekend for labor day weekend and if so, I will have to bring her. Molly will also be there since it's cheaper then putting her in the kennel everytime my parents go to the lake. I hope that the 2 pets get along. The other day my parents stopped by my apartment on the way home and brought Molly to the door and Josie hissed for the first time. Hopefully if they spend more time together, Josie will realize that Molly doesn't even care about her and certainly won't hurt her.




So yesterday I had 2 interviews! Very exciting! The first was for a creative internship at the Alamo Drafthouse offices (which are in that building next to El Arroyo). I went in at 2pm. I wasn't sure how laid back it would be there, so I dressed nice anyway. In the office there were directors chairs and these really nice red leather theater seats. It was quiet, which was surprising. But on the walls were all these fun movie posters and there was a 10 or so seat theater for like viewing material, kinda cool! I sat down on the sofas in the middle of the office to wait, and there was a table and like the only thing on it was a texas chainsaw massacre killer figurine. Overall, it seems like a fun place to work! I was interviewed by 3 people which was a little scary at first, but they were all pretty young and really nice. I gave them my resume and my reel of examples of the movies I've made on it. Their last question to me was "if you were a vegetable, what would you be?" lol. I said a pumpkin because they are less common, taste the best, and get to be carved in cool ways at Halloween? I hope it was an okay answer, lol. I will find out on Friday if I'm one of the 3 or 4 people to get the internship. I really want it! It's only like 10 hours a week, and it sounds like I'm going to help make those promo trailers that they show at the beginning of their screenings that tells you the upcoming events and special movies they're showing at the drafthouse! Neato! I have my fingers crossed!

My second interview was a kind of spur of the moment thing. One of my friends was offered the internship, but he had to turn it down because he is too busy, so he gave the woman in charge my name, which was awesome! It's an administrative office internship with the movie Tree of Life! (yes, the Brad Pitt movie they were filming in Austin a year ago). I had to sign a confidentiality agreement because they like to keep their projects hush hush. I was interviewed in this little office and during it, a man opened the door and said "why is this door closed?" then he noticed an interview was going on and he said "oh, sorry" and closed the door. Then my interviewer said "that was the director." !!!! So I just saw Terrence Malick!!!! You guys might not know who he is but he has made the movies Badlands, Days of Heaven, The Thin Red Line, and Pocohontas. He is a very private man and it's actually illegal to put pictures of him on the internet. If you search his name, you will only find a couple different ones. He's super super talented and makes really beautiful films and I was so excited that after only 5 min of being in the office, i already saw him! I'm sure if I worked there I would see him often!! Since my schedule is so open, my interviewer basically told me i'll get the internship! I'm so excited! It's also part-time, so if I get both jobs, i'll be able to do both i think! (now hopefully since i'll be working like 30 or so hours a week with no pay, my parents will pay me?) So things are looking up! I no longer have to spend all day twiddling my thumbs! But I will miss josie during the day.

Now tonight The Low Lows have a show at The Scoot Inn. Darian has been playing a lot lately! He played with this other band on monday, and last week played a show on Thurs and Fri. The Low Lows also have a show on friday as well. Tonight, I am going to help out by filming the show with my little, not so good camera. So that will be fun. maybe i'll look kind of official. Hmm...so I guess that's all the news I have, but my dad did tell me about the cooooolest thing! The address is www.myxer.com and it's this thing where you can create your own ringtones for free!! And by create, i mean that all you have to do is choose your favorite song, upload it, pick which 30 sec or so chunk you want as your tone, and put in your phone number. Then you get a text message, click on the link, and download it! It's free and really cool because you can have any song you want! So you all should definitely check it out. It's easy and only takes a few min. Alrighty, well i'll write back after labor day! Hope you all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. awesome job with the interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto! i think your kitten is soo cute, i love the pictures you put on facebook

    ReplyDelete