Monday, September 14, 2009

A Crazier Cat and a Relaxing Weekend

Good Day Folks!
Gosh, I really should just do a short post everyday, cause the more days that go by without a post, the more i'm like "oh no! too much to write, i'll do it later." Tsk Tsk. Anyways, it's Monday night and I just finished watching Gossip Girl! :) I'm so happy it's back! I also made the decision to not watch One Tree Hill anymore, but then i was bored and watched it, and I'm afraid I will continue to do so...

But goodness, I know my last post was called "Crazy Kitten" but she was not crazy then compared to what she is now! She is insane!!! I was just in the kitchen making a sandwich and she followed me in there (as she ALWAYS does if anyone is in the kitchen). She proceeded to whine incessantly. But she has developed a little trick I don't know where she learned. But when she wants to be all up in my business, she jumps and grabs on to my pant legs, then she shimmies up my body (sharp claws!) until she's like almost at my boobs! Sometimes she does it from the back which means she has her claws in my back and it's harder to get her off, not to mention a complete surprise when she leaps and latches on. I will never wear real clothes in my house again, because today i was wearing my favorite new pair of expensive nice express jeans, and now I have all these little scratch things all over! She's going to ruin all my clothes I swear! She really is out of control! Having a dog is hard (like crazy Gemmie) but having a cat that can go wherever she wants is different. At least a dog doesn't jump on the table and try to eat all your food. Now I put her in her travel cage when I eat so I can do so in peace. Melanie can testify to the craziness and hopefully doesn't have too many scratches from this weekend (but all the scratches are from love! Josie just loves tooo much!)

Aside from the cat, Darian was on his north east tour this week so I had the house to my self. Melanie came to town on Thursday and stayed at the apt for the weekend. The 1st night (or 2nd?) she texted me early in the morning because she could hear a mouse in the kitchen! I came down and Josie meowed and the sound stopped. Luckily in the morning we found no mouse evidence, meaning that the mouse is localized to the water heater closet again, which is how I like it!

I had my first day of work on Friday, and it went pretty well! I spent probably 3 or so hours out doing errands which I like cause I just get to drive around by myself and I get paid a little for gas, so I made a little profit. I made coffee for everyone (not nearly strong enough I later learned) and ordered and picked up lunch. I even lent the director one of my movies, which is pretty cool. He was so nice when I met him! And later even remembered my name! I think I was shaking the first time I talked to him! This week I work Wed and Sat morning (i think) and Fri afternoon. Tomorrow I have my first day at the Alamo Drafthouse internship. I was told to start thinking about ideas for a promo reminding people to reserve theaters for private parties during the holiday season, so I have been thinking of fun holiday movies and what i could put together. I hope they like my ideas!

This weekend was fun a relaxing, since it was raining. On Friday night Melanie and I went with her parents to see Ballroom With a Twist! It was a live dance performance hosted by Gilles! (if that's how you spell it. The guy from the Sex and the City movie!!!) He was mucho pretty! Unfortunately, the dancing was not very good. And 50% of the time there was no dancing and instead these 2 people who were on American Idol like years ago and probably got like 9th place were singing. It was a little cheesy. Melanie and I were basically laughing the whole time because the dancing was not together at all! It almost seemed like they hadn't rehearsed with the other dancers to make it nice a uniform you know? But we very much enjoyed watching Gilles, and he even did a few dances! No meet and greet though. I would have like to see him up close.

The next day was rainy and gross all day so we didn't really do much. But we decided to rent the whole 1st season of True Blood and watch it marathon style! Good choice! It's really fun and so exciting to watch a show and not have to wait a week to see the next episode! Later that night, Megan invited us over to a friend's house to play beer pong so we took a tv break. We went and played. There were only 5 of us, and luckily we convinced them all to go downtown since it was no longer raining. We went and it was fun, but we got there kind of late so didn't quite have a full-fledged experience.

Sunday we finished the rest of True Blood and ate Freebirds. A truly lazy weekend!

In other news, Forest has not contacted me, 2 1/2 weeks after he promised me he would!!!! AAAAGHHHH! I messaged him like 5 days ago asking him to just send me a check, but still no response! Bad choice Nicole! lol. grrrr. I just don't know what to do! I guess i will have to drive all the way up to Nacogdoches and figure it out which suuuucks! That guitar is like my only asset! Not that i want to sell it, but I have no money so it's like he stole like $500 from me! Whenever I think about it it stresses me up so much!

Aside from that, I heard about the Kanye/Taylor incident and watched it on youtube. Doooouuuuche! What a jerk.

Alrighty, lol. I gotta wrap it up because I'm about to go pick up Darian from the airport! Yay! Well, hope you all had a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry. I didn't know this would happen. I'll ask Kenny if he knows someone at work who could help you. I'm sorry again, if I knew this would happen, I wouldn't have subleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. I'm reading this at wrk on my iPhone, I kno bad bad me,and I literally started loling at the Thought of Josie climbing you!!!

    ReplyDelete