Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Weekend at LBJ Lake

Hello! My first post! So I have finally found a background to use, and I think I like it. Next I will see if I can add music or something to my page, that would be fun.

This weekend was really fun! (although I missed out on floating the river :( ) On Friday my family got everything settled with the new cabin so we could move in. The cabin is made entirely of big logs. They actually built the house somewhere overseas, numbered all of the logs, took it apart, and sent all the pieces to Sunrise Beach so the people over here could put it back together!! Boggles my mind! So Scott, Natalie, and I helped my parents move in some furniture and towels and stuff into the house during the day. My parents took the bed from my room in Sugar Land to be their bed at the cabin, so I guess I have no more bed :( After work, Darian drove up to join us. It was a nice relaxing night of Italian food, games, margaritas, and oreo icecream cake!

On Saturday, we drove about 30 min to a swimming hole on Ink's Lake (?) It was nice and cool and there was a huge rock that all the kids were jumping off of, but not me!! Afterwards, we went back to the house to rest. At night we drove into this town to eat at the Tamale King restaurant, which is really yummy. After that, more drinks and games. Then all of us "kids" got to sleep up on the loft on blow-up mattresses.

Sunday we drove into Llano where we had lunch at this cute cafe. Then we went to this swimming area by a dam. There, we were "stalked" by this man, like in his 50s, a local. He just wouldn't leave our family alone. He was really creepy and lurking you know? My mom and I felt really uncomfortable, but my dad insisted that he was just a friendly guy. Never the less, he kind of ruined our little swim and we had to awkwardly leave to get away from him. His name was Glen. As we left, he told us to be careful because there are a lot of crazy people out here. *shiver*

At night, we went outside to watch the sun set, and noticed a huge group of bats flying out into the dusk...from our house!! So no need to go to the Congress bridge, we have about 100 bats living in our roof. After learning this, we can see them and hear them in the morning and there is tiny bat poop on the driveway. EWWW! We are going to invest in some kind of pest control for sure.

The next day I drove back to Austin and my family helped me get organized around Darian and I's new townhouse. It was so messy because we have so much stuff and don't know what to do with it! Then Scott drove me around the Duval Apt. area in hopes of finding good loot. We did find a big desk that we are now using for a tv stand in the living room. It was a great success. I was able to surprise Darian when he got home from work with a pretty decent-looking apartment!

Now to get up to date, today was Darian's day off. That was nice because he got to drive me to jury duty at 1pm today! I was so glad I didn't have to report at 8:30am, which is the other call time. I had tried to dress decently because I had no idea what to expect. I packed 2 books in my purse for entertainment. But, after about 20 min, we all got to go home. I guess they had us on hand in case we needed to help with these like minor misdemeanor cases, but I guess all the people decided to cooperate and pay their fines, so there was no need for us. Hooray! I had of course been afraid I would make the jury and have to stay on, but also afraid that I wouldn't get picked. Like, if I can't even make jury duty (which no one wants to make), then what are my hopes of getting a job? Luckily I didn't have to worry about this since we were all sent home. Now the City of Austin can't bother me for 2 years!

So now I'm sitting in the living room enjoying the HD converter which allows me to watch a couple of channels after being deprived of tv all summer. Tomorrow I will look for some jobs to apply to and read some of the new books that I picked up at Barnes and Noble yesterday.


That's it for now!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you guys had a fun weekend! i love the pictures of the cabin, it looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a very fun and eventful weekend! can they import another log cabin for me?ill live in it in my backyard..lol

    glad your apt is coming together..for awhile there your fb statuses were worrying me (gas leak? exploding oven?) lol

    ReplyDelete